DNS64 Not Healthy after Applying UAG SP1 Update 1 Rollup 1

Posted by Ahmed Nabil In | 6 comments»
After applying the latest Rollup 1 for UAG SP1 Update 1 released on Jan 12, 2012 I noticed that the DNS64 is unhealthy under the Direct Access Monitor/Current status as shown in the below figure.

DNS64 not healthy

I did a reboot to the UAG/Direct Access server (although it’s not required by the fix) however the DNS64 component still showed unhealthy. I disabled/enabled direct access as follows:
1.     Disabled Direct Access
2.     Saved/Activated the configuration
3.     Enabled Direct Access
4.     GPupdate /force on the UAG Server
5.     Applied the policy
6.     Activated the configuration
After that it all worked fine. I am not sure about the reason (Will try to check with Microsoft Team) however that workaround fixed my problem.


Juan Machado Says:

Ahmed !!!!!

You saved my day. I worked with the UAG Escalation Team yesterday " fixing " a problem I have with Exchange Autodiscovery and a trunk and they forced me to apply such Update... Then all my Direct Access user were broken today with the DNS64 failing.

Followed your steps, and ... FIXED !!! Thanks a lot. I owe you a beer!

Thanks from Athens, GA!

Ahmed Nabil Says:

Thanks Juan, Glad it worked for you.

Jan Says:

I would like to thank too... Thanks...

Stef Says:

Thank you! all problems solved, we had DNS64 problem, w3wp.exe memory leak, now on version 4.0.2095.10000.

Ahmed Nabil Says:

Thanks Everyone, I passed by with the same issue with UAG SP2 and i applied the same workaround.

Amazing Quotes Says:

Very Nice And Interesting Post, thank you for sharing
Inspirational Quotes - Gym Quotes
Best Quotes - Success Quotes
Positive Life Quotes - Image Bank
Future Quotes - Excellence Quotes
كلام جميل - Keep Smiling Quotes

Post a Comment